SHARE THE LOVE!



I LOVE DISCOVERING NEW MUSIC AND FINDING SOMETHING THAT IS "REPEAT WORTHY FOR HOURS AND HOURS" 
LET ME GIVE YOU A TASTE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS AND SONGS SO YOU KNOW WHAT MY GENERAL STYLE IS. 
SOME IS OLD AND SOME IS NEW.. BUT IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD INSIDE , IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YEAR IT WAS MADE, RIGHT!?

PERSONAL FAVORITES--
For the last several years i have really been into the INDIE genre. you can think im just jumping on the bandwagon but it honestly is the type of music that lifts me up and puts a smile on my face. my favorite band of allllll time is BON IVER. a dear friend of mine showed me the song "blindsided" in 2009 and i have been addicted ever since. "For Emma, Forever Ago" was released in 2007 and that album is a real tear jerker sometimes. I have to be in the right mood for BON IVER because it really taps deep in my soul. Half the the time i make up my own words but i do that to every single song anyways! Thank you JUSTIN VERNON  for your talent and sharing it with us!
check out his most recent album BON IVER, BON IVER, released in 2011. I waited and waited for this album to come out and it is hands down, my favorite album! Again, its something about the music, the instruments, the voices and the beats that really allows you to feel the music with the musicians. Check out, Holocene, Towers, Michicant, Calgary and Perth. I love those. They just created  a new single for a movie, "Wish You Were Here" called Heavenly Father. You can preview it on iTunes. I hope you all feel the same way about BON IVER as i do!!

In Febuary of 2012, i went to a MAT KEARNEY concert in slc. Mat has been around for years and years but never really got huge... at least i dont think so. A lot of people know his old stuff and love it but have forgotten about him. His new album YOUNG LOVE is incredible and going to his concert made me fall even more in love with his music! He is so talented and so humble. (i also follow his on insta and twitter so i feel like i know his whole life... haha). There is something about his "rap talking" that makes you want to listen to the same song over and over again just to memorize and try to sound as cool as him. You know, like that feeling when you learned all the words to Superbass by Nicki Minaj!  My favorite albums of Mat's are CITY OF BLACK & WHITE and  YOUNG LOVE. You can listen on SPOTIFY for free! 

I know COLBIE CAILLAT  is an oldie but boy she is a goodie!!!! we all fell in love with her when we heard "bubbly" and she has created so much amazing work since. you can all assume that i follow all these people i am high lighting on instagram and twitter... because i am. I feel like i know them! COLBIE'S newest album (EP) GYPSY HEART SIDE A is so fun and uplifting! Check it out!

One artist i discovered years ago, sang backup for Colbie on her song Realize and co-wrote a lot of her songs. JASON REEVES is a man of many talents! Not many know him but let me tell you... if you love colbie's style, you will love JASON! I went to his concert in provo a few years ago and it was so low key, there were probably 50 people there. Me and my friends got there super early so we could get front and center! I had already been listening to jason for several years so being able to sing along to everything was like heaven! After the concert he visited with each of us one on one and it was so cool to hear about his life and his love for music!! I suggest listening to, YOU IN A SONG, HELIUM HEARTS, REACHING & PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES. 

Here is just a tiny sliver of stuff i like. I will post again about other genres i love and other artists i have found! I would love to hear feed back from other music lovers and see what your favorite kind of music is!

ttyl,
lo







Comments

  1. LO! This is awesome! I'm glad you're blogging! I'm too nervous to start so good on ya mate! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

Blessings from 10 day social media fast..

Come Follow Me Challenge