Family Update!
Its been 7 or so months since i wrote last. Naturally, a lot of things in my life and our lives in general have changed. I want to write some of my thoughts down because i have an awful memory and really want to be able to look back and smile at these writings...
LUNA
Luna girl is 7, going on 8 months old. She is ALMOST sitting up by herself, eating solids ( I'm doing baby led weaning or baby led nutrition.) She is always chewing on something because i think she is going to be getting some teeth soon. She is very chatty (especially during relief society!) She smiles when she sees you and freaks out whenever i turn on VeggieTales if I'm trying to get something done.
JARED
Jared is in the spring semester at BYU which means its fast track and he's taking 2 of his pretty heavy classes. So he's overwhelmed. He is a counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency in our ward and he is great at fulfilling his calling. But, again, overwhelmed. Most days he gets to spend a hour or sometimes 2 with Lunes in between conference calls, homework and making videos for our family keepsakes. He is amazing and I'm really looking forward to summer so we can have some more time with daddy! He has the Fall semester left at BYU then he's DONE!! Hooray! He'll be applying to Graduate school at the U of U for January and if he doesnt get in, we will apply for fall of 2019 to multiple school, including out of state. I secretly want to go out of state just for the fun of it! He is still working at Doterra and killing it there! He loves his job and is good at it!
LORIN
As for me, I am a stay at home mom and I LOVE IT! I have always wanted this and it really brings me so much joy. I do still work at the Doterra Spa, one day a week, which is perfect for me. I have my regular clients and only have to be gone 7 hours of the day. Jared takes Luna and they get their daddy-daughter time! I have been struggling with the post baby weight loss basically since Luna was 6 weeks old. Im not gaining weight, just not losing it. I am still nursing and plan to nurse until Luna is at least 1 years old. We will see what life is like then.
I have been also struggling with pretty bad insomnia the last few months. Which doesnt really make sense because I'm a new mom and i should be able to fall asleep quickly because I'm tired from the demands of the day. Nope. I usually just lay there as Jared falls asleep in less than 2 mins and think about crazy things. My mind goes so fast and i literally think of the worst possible things that could happen to me of any member of my family. I lay there almost in tears then have to bring myself back and say, its okay, I'm safe in my bed, luna is in her bed sleeping and nobody is falling into the Hoover Dam. So here I am, 11:00 pm, Jareds been asleep for an hour, Luna just woke up and i nursed her back to sleep and came directly to the computer to write out my thoughts to see if that helps me sleep better.
Other news with me...
At church, i am a Relief Society teacher and absolutely LOVE the calling. Teaching has always been something I'm passionate about and feel like I'm good at. Teaching the Gospel, that is. I loved it on my mission and i love it now.
I just recent got into listening to Podcasts and I've found one that I'm obsessed with. Its called, 3 in 30. Its a podcast for moms who want to improve home and family life. There are so many topics that I've enjoyed so much and I'm already implementing some of the things I've learned with luna girl.
Now that the weather is warming up, I'm trying to get outside with everyday and enjoy the beautiful earth. We live a block away from a nice little park and I've taken Luna there to swing a few times and she loves it. Motherhood has been the greatest joy and I love watching Luna learn something new everyday. She is a happy baby and for that i am very grateful. Life is oh so very good. Thanks be to Heavenly Father for giving me this beautiful life!








Family Smith, love to read about your wonderful life ! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete