ALL IN
I had an experience this past week that i really felt like i needed to write down and remember.
During this holiday season it is so easy to get so busy and forget the true meaning of Christmas, who is Christ.
On a Friday night we had plans to go to our ward Christmas party and another party and didn't realize we had been double booked until the day before. Once we realized, someone asked us how committed we were to the ward party. My first thought was, i am very committed.
We have been in our ward for 3 years and have made good friends and have families we minister to that we try our best to invite and love. We have had callings that have taught us charity and compassion and have taught and great lessons about the savior and his love for his children. I honestly didn't want to miss our ward party for several reasons. I know the girl who is the party planner who had worked so hard to make it beautiful and fun for everyone. I knew people were counting on us and I know that ward family is important. This lead me to more thoughts about commitment. I then listened to a podcast called called All In. There is an episode by Brad Wilcox titled " The WE in after all we can do." This short 30 minute episode opened my eyes ever more about GRACE and the power of Christ. Some of my notes were;
* The goal in this life isn't to just be with God or where God is. The goal is to be LIKE God.
*Our goal shouldn't be to just get there by grace, it should be to use grace and the gift of the savior to bet there and be like Him.
*We have to WANT to be like him. we can't just keep going through the motions and know in the end we will be saved.
*Staying on the covenant path and keeping the covenants i made at baptism and in the temple aren't just things i did once. they are things i strive for every day. i fail all the time but praying for forgiveness and strength to succeed is ongoing. Living the gospel is simple and is put so beautifully in a song.
"Im trying to be like Jesus, I'm following in his ways. Im trying to love as he did, in all that i do, and say. At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice but i try to listen as the still, small voice whispers, love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, for these are the things Jesus taught."
I love the simplicity of the song. Its so easy to do and easy enough for children to understand.
With all that being said. I am ALL IN the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ward parties, church meetings, firesides, assignments, callings and anythings else the Lord asks. Again, I'm trying. I fail a lot, but i keep trying my best. For it is His grace that lifts us and carries us after all we can do. 2 Nephi 25:23. I believe that the WE in all we can do is US and CHRIST! He is with us always.
love, lorin
During this holiday season it is so easy to get so busy and forget the true meaning of Christmas, who is Christ.
On a Friday night we had plans to go to our ward Christmas party and another party and didn't realize we had been double booked until the day before. Once we realized, someone asked us how committed we were to the ward party. My first thought was, i am very committed.
We have been in our ward for 3 years and have made good friends and have families we minister to that we try our best to invite and love. We have had callings that have taught us charity and compassion and have taught and great lessons about the savior and his love for his children. I honestly didn't want to miss our ward party for several reasons. I know the girl who is the party planner who had worked so hard to make it beautiful and fun for everyone. I knew people were counting on us and I know that ward family is important. This lead me to more thoughts about commitment. I then listened to a podcast called called All In. There is an episode by Brad Wilcox titled " The WE in after all we can do." This short 30 minute episode opened my eyes ever more about GRACE and the power of Christ. Some of my notes were;
* The goal in this life isn't to just be with God or where God is. The goal is to be LIKE God.
*Our goal shouldn't be to just get there by grace, it should be to use grace and the gift of the savior to bet there and be like Him.
*We have to WANT to be like him. we can't just keep going through the motions and know in the end we will be saved.
*Staying on the covenant path and keeping the covenants i made at baptism and in the temple aren't just things i did once. they are things i strive for every day. i fail all the time but praying for forgiveness and strength to succeed is ongoing. Living the gospel is simple and is put so beautifully in a song.
"Im trying to be like Jesus, I'm following in his ways. Im trying to love as he did, in all that i do, and say. At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice but i try to listen as the still, small voice whispers, love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, for these are the things Jesus taught."
I love the simplicity of the song. Its so easy to do and easy enough for children to understand.
With all that being said. I am ALL IN the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ward parties, church meetings, firesides, assignments, callings and anythings else the Lord asks. Again, I'm trying. I fail a lot, but i keep trying my best. For it is His grace that lifts us and carries us after all we can do. 2 Nephi 25:23. I believe that the WE in all we can do is US and CHRIST! He is with us always.
love, lorin
Comments
Post a Comment